Balfour Meagher offer Legal Project Management (LPM) training to lawyers, as Australasian’s Accredited Training Provider for the International Institute of Legal Project Management (IILPM). The IILPM has trained and certified lawyers in 36 countries, specialising in legal project management, process improvement and legal team performance.
What is Legal Project Management?
Legal Project Management is the application of project management principles and practices to enhance the delivery of legal services. In fact, it is much more than that, as the research into the Legal Project Management Competency Framework found that it includes technology enablement, process improvement and people leadership (team dynamics). It creates both high performing people and guidance by great systems and process.
LPM recognises that legal matters are projects, and to be able to be planned and executed consistently and effectively, they should embrace appropriate project management tools and practices. This not only increases efficiency, it enables fixed price legal work.
The value of project practices also helps ensure that law firms remain profitable through:
- clear scope development and change management;
- managing their own risks and being responsive to resolve project issues;
- consistently delivering quality outcomes even during peak workloads periods; and
- improving client and key stakeholder relationships.
What Training does Balfour Meagher Offer?
The following training courses are available:
- 0.5-day Legal Project Management Insights that provides a non-accredited fast paced introduction to the core principles and practices of Legal Project Management;
- 1-day Legal Project Management Essentials that provides a non-accredited fast paced hands-on introduction to the core principles and practices of Legal Project Management;
- 1-day Creating a High Performing Team that provides an insight to the individual and team behavioural styles using the Extended DISC Behavioural tools and brings the neuroscience of success to a legal working environment. This includes the option of one-on-one behavioural debriefs;
- 2-day Applied Legal Project Management that focuses on the practice of LPM and leads to the internationally-recognised Legal Project Associate™ (LPA) certification; and
- 3-day Advanced Legal Project Management that focuses on the advanced practice of LPM from a legal project manager perspective and leads to the internationally-recognised Legal Project Practitioner™ (LPP) certification. This is an extra day building on the Applied Legal Project Management course.
The following 1-hour CPD aligned presentations are also available:
- What is Legal Project Management that provides a fast insight to what legal project management is and what benefits it brings;
- Building a Personal Legal Expert Brand that provides a fast insight to what a lawyer can do to build their profile to attract work;
- Strategic Networking for Lawyers that provides a fast insight to making network events more productive and beneficial, including understanding body language basics;
- Transitioning to Fixed Pricing that provides a fast insight to the ‘how to’ of moving to a fixed pricing models, the methods, the risks and how to remain profitable;
- Explaining Alternative Fee Arrangements that provides a fast insight to an IILPM global study of Alternate Fee Arrangements options;
- Legal Practice Process Improvement that provides a fast insight to a the philosophy and methods of process improvement; and
- Factors Influencing Team Performance that provides a fast insight to what makes legal teams more effective.
How do I Get More Information?
Email Todd or call 0422 532 775.