If you are Medical, Pharmacy and Health Care Services-provider owner, manager, buying or selling, restructuring your ownership interests, obtaining or refinancing debt, entering or exiting a partnership, managing staff or planning for retirement, you need clear advice from lawyers who understand your profession.
Balfour Meagher has a significant background and proven expertise in providing an extensive range of legal and advisory services to medical practitioners, specialists, pharmacists and a wide range of other ancillary & allied health services providers.
- Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cosmetic Surgeons
- General Practitioners
- Travel Medicine Doctors
- Royal Flying Doctors
- Child Care Centres
- Indigenous Health Services Corporations
- Retirement Villages Operators
- Aged Care Providers
- Chemotherapy Specialists
- Registered Nurses
We are also proud to be the long-standing advisors to the award-winning and market innovators of Australia’s home–based infusion treatments, Chemo@Home.
Our Range of Services and Documentation
Similarly understand the extensive range of personal, business and legal issues confronting pharmacists, medical specialists and other services providers in private and the public health care systems. Balfour Meagher is therefore able to provide you with experienced and practical advice in matters relating to:
- Establishing compliant Business Structures (including Pharmacy Registration Board-approved Companies and Trusts);
- Establishing Charitable organisations and Foundations (including by Trusts or Companies Limited by Guarantee);
- Leases and Property Acquisition (including also through related parties’ SMSFs);
- Sales and Acquisition of Practices, businesses, partnership and equity holder interests;
- Asset Protection, Finance & Securities and Succession-planning arrangements:
- including Partnership, Unit and Shareholder Agreements,
- Advice in relation to Employees, Suppliers and Subcontractors:
- including pharmaceutical supply chain
- Intellectual property (IP) commercialisation and brand protection:
- including also collaborative research agreements with Universities
- Technology Law advices and Privacy Policies;
- Risk Management, General Compliance and Business Advisory (including negotiations with, and advice regarding, Insurers and Health Funds); and
- Representations to Associations and Government Bodies.
Furthermore Balfour Meagher has also developed an excellent professional network and work closely with other professional advisors experienced. We also regularly present seminars, conduct legal training and provide podcasts in these specialised areas.