As experienced commercial lawyers with significant business backgrounds ‘at the coalface’ in addition to law, Balfour Meagher is able to provide you with our substantial expertise and the benefit of our personal experiences across a range of solutions relating to your commercial transactions, business issues, corporate and trust advices.
With extensive structuring, advisory and transactional experience, we can assist you achieve and sustain business growth and add maximum value to your business.
We build strong relationships with all our clients to fully understand your business, so you can use our know-how to provide commercially-driven solutions and optimal outcomes. Our years of experience partnering with business as commercial lawyers at various stages of development means we understand the challenges and the obstacles in successfully effecting a transaction.
Balfour Meagher are able to advise on your merger, sale, acquisition or disposal including advice on risk management and governance and project manage the taxation issues.
The breadth of our expertise and experience allows us to provide:
- Legal advice for start-up businesses
- Contract reviews and advices
- Bespoke Contract preparation
- Advice in regard to business structures including partnerships, trusts and corporations
- Trusts’ establishment, reviews & advice, and variations (for Family/Discretionary , Unit and SMSF trust deeds)
- General Tax law and Transfer Duty advices
- Business name and website domain name registration advices
- International commercial law
- Asset protection and restructuring
- Partnership, Shareholder, Unitholder and Joint Venture agreements
- Information Technology and eCommerce Laws
- Asset Sales and licensing
- Manufacturing and Distribution Agreements
- Buying and selling a business
- Company Law matters; including compliance and corporate governance
- Privacy and data protection
- Lease and License agreements
- Loans, Guarantees and security documents
- Restraints of Trade and Protective Covenants
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements ((NDAs)
- Estate and Business Succession planning
- Advice in regard to business risks, management and administration
- Employment law including employment and contractor agreements, employee rights, and confidentiality agreements
- Complex commercial agreements and long-term supply agreements
- Trademarks, Copyright and intellectual property law
- Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate structure, governance and compliance
- Advice for non-profit organisations, trusts and charities
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions (M&As), joint ventures and equity sales
Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced commercial lawyer and business advisor.